Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to questions our users ask.
A profile page is the individual page that you set up so you can start fundraising. Everyone must have one of these. It can be in your name or some other name. You can invite your networks to donate to this page to help you raise more money for the cause.
You may ALSO set up a team page and encourage your friends and colleagues to make their pages part of a team. For example, the staff of Support Act have set up their individual profile pages and are promoting those pages to their networks, but we have also set up a Support Act team page so that all the funds we raise are aggregated together on the teams side of the leaderboard.
Either way you choose to set up a page is fantastic for us and it all goes to ensuring we maximise the total amount of funds raised.
Now it's time to encourage people to donate! By signing up, you will have created your own Ausmusic T-Shirt Day profile page. This profile page has a unique link that you can share with your family, friends and work mates to encourage donations.
1. Make sure you change the story on your page to make it personal - upload a pic and change the fundraising target if you are not comfortable with the default target.
2. Make sure you and your team members actively blog on your supporter page (pics, video and text) as this gives you a reason to share your page again.
3. Hot tip: Use individual emails when sharing your link and inviting support. One in four personal emails to family, friends, colleagues and co-workers result in a donation. They are more effective than those tempting group emails or generic Facebook posts.
4. When posting to social media, make sure to link to your own page as well (and hence your donation button) as well as #ausmusictshirtday @supportact @triple_j @aria_official
1. You can champion Ausmusic T-Shirt Day in your workplace, school or social networks and see if you can get your friends, work colleagues and school mates to participate. Set up an individual page and invite your networks to support you or you can create a team page and invite everyone to wear their favourite t-shirt and see how much you can raise in your team’s name. (See 'How do I create or join a team?')
2. Make a donation using the Donate Button and then post your band tee selfie to social media using the hashtags #ausmusictshirtday @supportact @triple_j @aria_official
3. Buy an Ausmusic T-Shirt from our range here
First, you will need to be signed up as an individual. You can click here to sign up.
Once you have signed up, you can create or join a team from your profile page. On the left hand column of the page, scroll down to 'Join a Team' and you can select to 'Create a Team' or 'Find a Team' to join.
If you're an artist, industry leader or media personality, we would love you to be a Champion for the campaign. Here's 3 ways you can get involved:
- Shoot a video - about Ausmusic T-Shirt Day - it could be a song, testimonial about your own experiences or maybe a funny dance that could go viral!
- Take a pic - of you wearing your favourite Ausmusic t-shirt
- Share on socials - using the tags #ausmusictshirtday @supportact @triple_j @aria_official to encourage your fans to take part. Check out some more content ideas here.
Many artists also choose to donate a % of their t-shirt or other merch sales to Support Act during the campaign period. If you plan to do this, please contact us here.
If you are willing to be a media spokesperson, please let us know here.
1. It’s simple. Talk to your CEO or HR team to make sure that they can schedule the day into the company calendar. (The sooner you can do this the better).
2. Find an internal champion who will agree to coordinate planning for the day.
3. Create an individual or team page as described above.
4. Start thinking of some other fun things you can do in the lead up to, and on the day, to really drive interest and participation. Especially if you are still working virtually and need a great team bonding opportunity.
5. Ask your company to provide additional motivation by matching staff donations (can be to an agreed limit).
Hot Tip: If your team is working remotely and you want to create a team photo for your page, try using this tool: https://spark.adobe.com/make/images/photo-montage/
1. Ausmusic T-Shirt Day is a great way to show support for Australian music - and the people who make it. This year, more than ever, Support Act needs your help
2. Music provides the soundtrack to all our lives, whether you're a CEO or an intern
3. AMTD is easy to do and is a great way to create engagement with staff, raise funds for a worthy charity, and have some fun in the office - even if you are working virtually at the moment
4. For some, it reinforces an existing commitment to Australian music, for others it just brings people together around a topic that is of endless interest
5. Remember: Every Band Tee Has A Story… and Ausmusic T-Shirt Day is your chance to tell it!
Here’s what a winning strategy could look like for your company(based on a real example)
3 weeks prior:
- Internal announcement and diary send
- Send calendar invite to all employees to participate in your company photo on the day
- Encourage staff to buy an Ausmusic T-Shirt to wear on the day if they don’t already have one
1 week prior:
- Create short content piece (video or ppt) of key influencers answering four questions: What band tee are you wearing? What show you bought the shirt at (venue/year)? What that artist means to you? What the lack of live music this year has meant to you?
- Invite staff to submit answers to these same 4 questions and award a prize for the best answer
- Finalise schedule for the day. Have you considered music trivia games? A Who Am I guessing game or even a performance schedule for the aspiring artists in your ranks? (These can be live streamed if you are still working virtually)
On the day:
- 8am - Instagram flood. Ask all employees to post their pics on socials to get the day trending
- 9am - Post your short content piece on your company’s social pages
- 11.30am - gather together for screening of content piece / photo / games / prizes for best tees (can be done via Zoom if necessary)
- 3pm - Raffle announced for everyone who has worn a t-shirt, via email. (company provides prize)
- 4pm - End of day (virtual) social event (e.g. BBQ, drinks) with optional gold coin donation entry
- 4.30pm - Announce company matching and grand total raised by your company
- 5pm - Celebrate your position on our leader board and see how much was raised!
Hot Tip: If your team is working remotely, and you want to create a team photo for your page, try using this tool: https://spark.adobe.com/make/images/photo-montage/
1. Support Act is a music industry charity helping artists, artist managers, crew and music workers who are facing hardship due to COVID-19 or an illness, a mental health problem or injury that impacts on their ability to work in music
3. We help music workers of all kinds and all genres: artists, songwriters, composers, musicians, crew, techies, managers, staffers and others
4. We treat every request for help confidentially and make no judgment about people's circumstances
Payment on our site is very secure. Our payments are processed using BraintreePayments, a Paypal company. Processing donations through this platform, we had to ensure we were PCI DSS compliant, which is the utmost level of security when processing payments online. The PCI DSS compliance has been done by SecurityMetrics, leader in the security market.
Our site is also using 256 bit SSL encryption technologies site-wide, which you can see by the green lock in your browser URL bar. We ensure every available effort is made to protect the privacy of the information you provide to us. To the extent we hold such information, we encrypt all email addresses, passwords and other contact details of the Participants or people who make Donations or place Purchase Orders.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Paypal for online donations.
Our payments are processed using Braintree Payments, a Paypal company. Braintree specialises in delivering successful eCommerce payment gateway services to thousands of merchants. Braintree is an international company with a trusted name in eCommerce solutions is at the fore front of the online payment industry. Processing donations through this platform, we had to ensure we were PCI DSS compliant, which is the utmost level of security when processing payments online.